06 December 2016

Christmas Planner 2016 {revamp}

Well, Christmas is here again!  My goal for 2017 is to create more tutorials, projects, and crafts that I can share on my blog for any crafty & creative peeps out there...  but, instead of waiting until January, there is no time like the present!

I'm sharing this awesome Christmas Planner again, because, well, I love to make lists, and I can make tons of lists in this bad boy.  Maybe it's too late for you to use for this Christmas, but then again, if you procrastinate like me, it'll be just in time for you to organize your thoughts, gifts, and gatherings!

I revamped the printable...  because well, it needed a font update!  If you are reading this, I'm guessing you can understand the font obsession!

I hope you enjoy and share with me if you make one!  Feel free to grab the printable if you like...  Merry Christmas!

Here’s what you’ll need:
  • composition notebook
  • 2016 Christmas Planner Printables
  • length of ribbon (about 36 inches)
  • 3 sheets of patterned paper
  • punch or circle cutter
  • adhesive (my preference is Glue Dots)
  • ink pad (optional)
  • paper cutter
  • 2 envelopes

You'll start by adhering your ribbon around the notebook...
Trace around the cover of the notebook (or measure, but beware that not all composition notebooks are the same size) on the back of printed paper and cut out using scissors or a paper cutter.  Then cut a 2 inch strip of another pattern.  If you wish, you can ink the edges of the cut out paper to give your planner a grungy look…  but that is totally optional!


 
You will also want to cut out a large circle of patterned paper (I used Creative Memories Circle Cutter and cut a 5 inch circle)…  along with the 2013 Christmas Planner and Christmas Tree circles on the printable sheet.  Next we get to start using those Glue Dots...
 
 Here’s where it gets fun!  The awesome thing about making something like this, is you can personalize it.  My tabs (found on the printable sheet) are going to be calendar, gifts, cards, addresses, and menu…  but, you can choose whatever you want for your tabs.  In your gifts section, you can have an envelope* for your coupons and receipts… and you can print out calendars (monthly or weekly) and paste them into your calendar tab (I used CalendarLabs).  You can choose how big each of your sections are and you can even make spots for Christmas memory photos and you have a 2016 Holiday Scrapbook!
*I just used a couple card envelopes I had laying around…  but, you could use something more sturdy like a 6″x9″ manilla envelope.
 ….and here’s my work in progress!…
 Update:  As you can see I made this original one in 2013.  I have since used it for each year, and it's been a life saver.  Especially knowing who I send Christmas cards to, my favorite recipes, and even what we got the kids each year.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!

There are tons of Christmas kits out there that you can use for your patterned paper and even elements, journal cards, stamps, etc...  My favorite stores are The Digichick and The Digital Press.  They have WONDERFUL Christmas sections, so go check it out!  

The Digital Press is also running a fun blog series for the holidays.  If you are creative & crafty, it is not to be missed!

From me to you, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas holiday! 

Many blessings,

No comments: