15 September 2017

pumpkin.coffee.life.

The temps are dropping, the leaves are changing, and pumpkin spice becomes life...  Canned pumpkin starts flying off the shelves, lines are forming at Starbucks for their infamous Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and yoga pants are being donned by women everywhere.
FULL DISCLOSURE - I've never been a big fan of pumpkin, and I've never even had a PSL from Starbucks... *gasp!*  BUT, over the last several years, my love for pumpkin has grown... so you can all relax (still never had a Starbucks PSL, though).

I have a real problem spending my Smart Points on drinks, but I will definitely make exceptions...  My fave exception is a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte made with almond milk (iced or hot depending on the weather) - it's 4 SP, people!  Totally worth it in my little world!

Ok, back to why you're here.  I have an amazing, 'pumpkin+coffee=holy crap!' recipe for you to try this fall...  and it just happens to be [wait for it] a crock pot PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!  Totally SP friendly, so no one will be the wiser!

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
3 C. fat free half and half
2 C. vanilla unsweetened almond milk
6 C. strongly brewed coffee
3/4 C. canned pumpkin
1/8 C. vanilla extract
1/4 C. brown sugar Splenda blend
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 cinnamon sticks

Directions:
Mix half and half, almond milk, and coffee in crock pot.  In a bowl, mix together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and ground spices.  Mix in crock pot and stir.  Add cinnamon sticks.  Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours.

I figured (using the WW app) the recipe at 3 SP for approximately one cup.  You can add some cinnamon on top or even fat free cool whip topping.  Such a wonderful fall drink... it's like a hug in a cup!  Not only that, but so easy.  Wouldn't this be perfect for Thanksgiving!?  Just throw it together and forget it while you make all the other goodies...  #holidaywinning

So, there you go.  I hope you try it, I hope you love it, and I hope you are wearing yoga pants and boots so you can get the FULL fall experience!

Happy fall, peeps... and stay tuned for more point friendly pumpkin yums.  #pumpkineverything

_________________________________________________________________________________


it's the journey... inspire.believe.create.  A blog about life, love, creativity, home, food, wine, step-parenting, weight loss, Jeeps, fitness, running, traveling, entertaining, fashion, being gluten-free, and...  cats.  Join me in embracing the chaos.


No comments: