22 July 2013

Merry Christmas (in July!)

mondaymattersmondays[1]
Merry Christmas (in JULY)!!  There’s only 156 days (or 22 weeks and 2 days) until Christmas Day!!  Okay, I know that seems like a ways off…  but I guarantee it will sneak up on some of us…  I mean, think about it…  the kids will be going back to school in no time and getting busy with fall sports.  Before you know it you’ll be headed off to the pumpkin patch and dressing up for Halloween.  What do you know?  It’s already Thanksgiving!!  So, the project I’m going to show you will help get ready for, and stay organized during, the busy holiday season!  It only cost me 94 cents because I had most of the supplies at home…  So without further ado, it’s time to make a 2013 Christmas Planner!  I’ve seen many different planners on lots of different creative blogs and I used a little bit of each to make the one I’m going to show you.  So let’s get started!
First get all your supplies together.  If you’re like me, you have a few different digital Christmas kits in your computer, and for the paper, just choose a couple of those patterns and print them on white cardstock (it’s best to use the ‘best quality’ setting when printing at home).  Here’s what you’ll need:
  • composition notebook
  • 2013 Christmas Planner Printables
  • length of ribbon (about 36 inches)
  • 3 sheets of patterned paper
  • punch or circle cutter
  • adhesive (my preference is Glue Dots)
  • ink pad (optional)
  • paper cutter
  • 2 envelopes
Supplies
You’ll start by adhering your ribbon around the notebook…
Ribbon
Trace around the cover of the notebook (or measure, but beware that not all composition notebooks are the same size) on the back of printed paper and cut out using scissors or a paper cutter.  Then cut a 2 inch strip of another pattern.  If you wish, you can ink the edges of the cut out paper to give your planner a grungy look…  but that is totally optional!
tracing         cutting      inking
You will also want to cut out a large circle of patterned paper (I used Creative Memories Circle Cutter and cut a 5 inch circle)…  along with the 2013 Christmas Planner and Christmas Tree circles on the printable sheet.  Next we get to start using those Glue Dots!
pasting          pasting1
Here’s where it gets fun!  The awesome thing about making something like this, is you can personalize it.  I’m still working on mine!  My tabs (found on the printable sheet) are going to be calendar, gifts, cards, to-do, and menu…  but, you can choose whatever you want for your tabs.  In your gifts section, you can have an envelope* for your coupons and receipts… and you can print out calendars (monthly or weekly) and paste them into your calendar tab (I used CalendarLabs).  You can choose how big each of your sections are and you can even make spots for Christmas memory photos and you have a 2013 Holiday Scrapbook!
*I just used a couple card envelopes I had laying around…  but, you could use something more sturdy like a 6″x9″ manilla envelope.
receipts          calendar
….and here’s my work in progress!…
final
You can decorate the inside and the back…  make them for gifts…  have a girls day and work on them together!  You’ll be happy you have it when the holidays (all of a sudden) get here!
One other note…  use your imagination!  This would be such a cool travel journal/itinerary, baby book, prayer journal, address book, or bucket list…  HAVE FUN!
Can’t wait to see your 2013 Christmas Planner!  Post a pic at theCreativePixel Members Gallery!

No comments: